I LOVE this Healthy Fish Pie Recipe. Truth is, I'm a huge fan of fish pie and so are my babes, but I rarely make them because I don't have the will to make a cheese sauce from scratch or thaw pastry for the top. This healthy fish pie is perfect take on a traditional pie, only better. It's ideal for Easter entertaining as it's quick to make, especially if you use your food processor and use the grater function! Huzzah! It freezes well too; I often make 2 or 3 at a time so I can use them on a busy night.
If you're looking for a little more Easter inspiration, check out these recipes.
- 1 kilo of a mix of potato and sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 celery stick, grated
- 1⁄2 leek, grated
- 1⁄2 fennel bulb, grated
- 3 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- 200g tasty cheese, grated
- 500g mixed fish, I chose skin-off salmon and haddock fillets, cut into 3cm cubed pieces
- Preheat your oven to 190°C and gather a pie baking dish, I used a 26cm round one. Now, steam the cubed potato and sweet potato until soft. Once they're soft mash and stir through the olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, you can get on to making the pie. Combine the grated carrot, celery, leek, fennel and cheese. Then lightly mix in the lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley the cubed pieces of fish and a little S & P for seasoning.
- Now all you need to do is build the pie. Lightly grease the pie dish and pop the fish mixture in and top with the potato and sweet potato mash. Place it in the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbling deliciously around the sides and the top is slightly browned.
- Serve with a crisp salad with a balsamic dressing and lunch is done for the wee-little ones and us big folk.
- This pie is stacked with vegetables but because they're grated your fussy babes will barely notice them. Feel free to change up the mash options too, I love it with a mashed carrot top where as hubby prefers his with just potato, it's your choice.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0