These pecan and maple shortbread cookies sure are quick and easy! You need just 4-ingredients, a blender and a cookie cutter. They're perfect for birthday parties, christmas gifts and any old time really! Make them and share if you must 😉
- 60g ground pecans
- 90g unsalted butter, softened and cubed
- 125g wholemeal spelt flour
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (plus a little extra for baking)
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180°C. In a food processor, blend pecans until they form a slightly textured meal.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until the dough comes together in a ball. Refrigerate the shortbread dough for 20 minutes or until cooled.
- Roll the dough to ½ cm thickness. Use a bunny-shaped cookie cutter (or shape of your choice), to cut your bunnies from the dough. Place on a lined oven tray and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with the extra maple syrup. Return to the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until they are golden. Check from 5 minutes onwards, as they quickly brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on tray before serving.
- Don't have pecans? Sub them for Almonds, they make a great cookie too! Shortbread is often made with bleached flour and oodles of refined sugar. This version uses a wholemeal spelt, ensuring the majority of the wheat's nutrients are still present. Using the maple syrup to sweeten the shortbread means your blood sugar levels will remain more steady than if you were using a refined sugar.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Serving Size: 16
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0