A lunchbox favourite thats made in minutes. You'll never look at leftover rice the same!
- 1 cup of brown rice, ideally pre-soaked for a few hours
- 1 small sweet potato finely julienned
- 1 carrot finely julienned
- 1 small beetroot finely julienned
- 1 cup combination of shredded kale, spinach and green beans
- 2 tbsp coconut oil for baking
- 1 lemon, juiced for baking
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 6 nori sheets
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 170C. And add all the chopped root vegetables to an oven tray with the coconut oil, lemon juice, seeds and bake for 30 minutes or until just starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, cook the brown rice as per packet instructions and then set aside to cool. Once the rice has cooled, mash the avocado through it, stirring occasionally until it comes together in to a thick consistency.
- Using the nori sheets, assemble the sushi starting with the rice on the bottom, the vegetables and then the shredded kale, spinach and green beans. For the babes, cut the nori sheets in half and make mini rolls – perfect for their small hands or the lunchbox.
- Serve with lemon juice, tamari or soy sauce for dipping.
- Sushi is typically made with white rice and a "sushi seasoning / mirin" syrup that's full of sugar and preservatives. By using a low GI brown rice and mashing an avocado through it allows for the rice to bind together and will increase your good fat intake helping your skin stay hydrated, your digestion move freely and your heart stay in good health.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 832
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 321
- Fat: 37
- Saturated Fat: 15
- Unsaturated Fat: 19
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 117
- Protein: 17
- Cholesterol: 0