These Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites have to be the yummiest recipe to use up just-ripe bananas. Sure, there are a few steps, but get the kids on hand and make a HUGE batch and you'll have sweet treats for weeks to come.
And if you need to sell the kids on them, tell them they're little ice cream bites. Seriously, bananas frozen give that texture and taste.
They are GREAT!
- 4 just-ripe bananas,
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 150g dark chocolate, melted (or my homemade raw chocolate)
- Line an oven tray with parchment paper, do check it fits easily in your freezer first 😉 Now go ahead and slice your bananas into 1/2cm size pieces and lay half of them on your lined tray — a perfect job for little hands to help you with.
- Then, using two knives, pop some peanut butter on top of the banana rounds. Top with the remaining banana pieces and get them in the freezer to set. 30mins-to-an-hour should do it.
- Now melt your chocolate, or you might choose to make up a raw chocolate version; you decide. Using two spoons, dip the frozen bananas in your chocolate. Pop them back on the tray and let them set for a 15mins in the freezer. Then get MUNCHING!
- They store GREAT in a glass jar in the freezer. Eat them straight from the freezer; they taste like ice cream bites!
- You can use other fruits in place of the bananas. I've done it with mango cheeks. strawberries and peaches.
- Play around with the nut butters. Hazelnut, almond and even tahini for a nut-free option is GREAT!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 60
- Serving Size: 24
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0