Healthy Breakfast Muesli Bar Recipe
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 20
This is a favourite recipe from my latest eBook ' Stace's Quick & Healthy Breakfasts' recipe eBook. It's one of those quick ones you can whip up in 5 minutes, pop in the oven and come back to a made in bulk delight that you can munch on for 2-3 days. I'll often make a double batch and freeze them for those crazy busy mornings. Truth is they're great straight from the freezer.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil or 75g butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder, paste or extract
- Pinch salt
- 3 cups whole oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds, seeds or desiccated coconut – I used an equal mix of all 3
- 3 Medjool dates (optional)
- Line a large baking dish (27cm x 17cm) with baking paper and preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a blender, combine the bananas, peanut butter, coconut oil and spices. Blitz until just combined. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and stir through the whole oats and nut mix. It should stick together well but if not, add another spoonful of peanut butter and a touch more coconut oil.
- Press the mixture into the pan ensuring the bar is about 1cm thick. Finely slice the dates and press them into the top of the bar. Bake for 30-40 mins until it’s golden and brown.
- Allow to cool in the tin before slicing (if you can handle the wait!)
- The key to making these bars perfectly crunchy and chewy is making sure they’re not too thick. If you’d like them really crunchy, feel free to chop them into individual bars and return them to the oven to ‘crunch’ the edges. Looking to make them: Oat-free: Use rice or quinoa oats Nut-free: Use a seed butter or tahini. You may want to add a little extra spice Date-free: Leave them off, I do.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30