3 ingredients and made in less than a minute.
It's brilliant for small babes that are just starting solids, for your own breakfast or even a dinner party dessert.
- ½ cup milk (I use coconut, almond or rice)
- 2 heaped tbsp chia seeds
- Small splash vanilla essence
- Gather a clean jar with a lid and set aside with the ingredients.
- Place all ingredients in the jar and stir until well combined.
- Place in the fridge to set, ideally overnight.
- Sliced fruit and shredded coconut, stewed fruit and nuts or granola and yoghurt.
- Chia seeds are fantastic to add to the whole family's diet - they're packed with dietary fibre, are gluten free, have 5 times more calcium than milk and 7 times more Vitamin C than oranges. Start with just a small amount when introducing them to your family as the high fibre content can upset some bellies.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 161
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 61
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Protein: 7
- Cholesterol: 10