Add texture and protein to your snacks and breakfasts with this healthy, gluten-free muesli crunch. It's made in minutes and stores a dream.
- 1 cup coconut chips
- 1 cup raw buckwheat (buckinis)
- 1 cup seeds and/or nuts
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or rice malt syrup (optional)
- ¼ cup raw cacao nibs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- In a warm frypan, toast the coconut chips until fragrant and lightly browned.
- Add the buckwheat, seeds and nuts. Stir again to ensure the mixture is well combined, toasting nicely and getting colour. This should take about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Finish by stirring the syrup, cacao nibs and vanilla bean powder through the warm 'crunch' mixture. Allow to cool completely before placing in a glass container to store in the cupboard for up to 1 month.
- Great sprinkled on top of chia puddings, fruit, yoghurt, pancakes or even smoothies.
- The combination of buckwheat, seeds, nuts and coconut gives you not only great taste and texture but a big protein hit. The kick of protein will help to keep you feeling full for longer and will ensure your blood sugar levels stay stable, so the sugar cravings don't set in.
- Serving Size: 40
- Calories: 68
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 28
- Fat: 4
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0