If you love a healthy chicken noodle soup, you'll love my hack for making it in your slow cooker.
It's such a great way to do it, because it doesn't over-cook, you don't have to keep an eye on it, and the taste is great.
- Pop your chicken in the slow cooker with the herbs and an organic lemon. If you aren't certain your lemon is organic, leave it out and add the juice at the end. This is because non-organic lemons have plastic on their coating and can make your soup taste bitter.
2. When the 8-hours is up, pull the chicken out and pick the chicken off the bones. I leave the bones to the side and I use that to make broth.
3. As you're pulling the chicken, pop your noodles straight into the soup to cook and put the lid back. This is a nifty way to save time and washing up!
4. I like to finish with lots of herbs and a squeeze of lemon. Chilli is also ace, but I tend to add that into my own bowl so my little ones happily eat it.
5. Serve & enjoy! It's so yummy and stores great in the fridge for a few days. My babes often take it to school with a lot of the liquid drained out, so it's more like noodles.