I'm all for a soup recipe that is hardy enough to keep hubby happy and sweet enough to get the kids to gobble it down. This roasted carrot vegetable soup is just that. Go ahead and make your bone broth like I do here in my slow cooker, and roast the carrots the night before when the oven is on. Then it becomes the simplest and TASTIEST week night soup there is.
- 8 medium carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 large onion
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 6-8 cups bone broth, stock or water
- 2 x 400g tins lentils, rinsed and drained
- Preheat your oven to 200°C. Cut the vegetables into 5cm pieces and add them to a tray with a light drizzle of olive oil, the rosemary sprigs and a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until soft. Drizzle the honey over the carrots and return the tray to the oven for 10 minutes or until fragrant.
- Place the roasted vegetables into a blender, ensuring you disregard the stems from the sprigs of rosemary. Add half of the stock and process until a thick puree is formed. You may need more stock to achieve this.
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat. Pour in the soup and gently heat it through with the remaining stock. Once bubbling, stir in the lentils and season to taste before serving.
- Serve with cut up veggie sticks and lovely crusty bread.
- This is a great mid-week meal for the whole family. If you need dinner on the table in less than 40 minutes bake the carrots the night before. This healthy soup will be ready to devour in minutes.
- Fructose free: Use rice malt syrup instead. Or, leave out. Lentil free: Use cooked quinoa, rice, pasta or cauliflower rice FODMAP: Use Garlic EVOO and use green shallots instead of the onion.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0