Fizzy Kiwi & Lime Ice Blocks
- Total Time: 3 hours 5 minutes
Kiwi and lime is a match made in heaven. I first tasted it together in a gummies recipe and was happy that the babes adored it too. So when the guys at SodaStream asked me to write them a recipe for the #sodastreamcreations campaign, I thought this sweet and sour combination was perfect. A little fizzy water, kiwi and lime, that's it. Give them a go, they're so refreshing.
- 3/4 cup fizzy, SodaStream water (or soda water)
- 5 kiwifruits, peeled
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup (optional)
- In a blender combine your fizzy water with 4 of the kiwifruits along with juice of the lime. If you want to use the sugar, pop it in now. Blend until all the chunks are gone, just 10 seconds or so.
- Gather your ice block moulds and pour the kiwi mixture in. Then, slice the final kiwifruit and pop a piece in each of the ice blocks, this is simply for decoration, so if you want more - chop more and pop them in.
- Pop the popsicle stick in and then allow to set in the freezer for 3 hours minimum.
- Straight from the freezer on a hot day.
- You can always add the zest of the lime too, I do. This makes them REALLY zesty, but my family loves that, it's a lovely strong flavour that isn't sugar based. If you'd rather a different taste, add in a mango, or even a pineapple in the kiwi's place, the key is the delicious fizzy water and the lime that makes it a winner.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 180
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0