Chocolate Chickpea Cookies
- Total Time: 25 minutes
Made in minutes, devoured in seconds and freezing them is a dream. These have to be the ultimate healthy biscuits. I make a double batch for my little man that eats an egg-free, dairy-free, gluten-free diet.
- 1 can chickpeas (or 1½ cups cooked chickpeas)
- ½ cup crunchy natural peanut butter (plus extra for topping)
- 2 tbsp carob or cacao powder
- ⅓ cup maple or rice malt syrup (less if you like)
- 1 tbsp vanilla powder, paste or extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Wash and drain chickpeas well and place in a food processor with all remaining ingredients. Blend for a minute or two, until ingredients are well combined and the dough is smooth and creamy. If you're having issues with the dough 'creaming' add the coconut oil, that will help it along.
- Using a spoon, scoop the biscuits into balls and place onto the baking trays. Press the biscuits down with your hands so they're fairly flat and top with a small dollop of peanut butter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 mins or until crispy.
- They will store for a week in an airtight container in the cupboard (they will soften but are just as yummy) or fridge or for a month in the freezer.
- Carob is a great option to cook with - unlike cacao, it is naturally caffeine free, making it a better option for the little ones. But if you have cacao in the cupboard, go ahead and cook with that. They'll be just as yum!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Serving Size: 15
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0