Frozen Berry Gummies
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
I'm all about healing your gut lining and boosting your joint, skin and bone health any which way I can, and these super-simple frozen berry gummies have to be the yummiest way to do it. I'd love to teach you more about gut health and how fermented foods could help improve it. Jump on the waitlist for my fermenting course.
- 3 heaped tbsp gelatin
- ½ cup kombucha, kefir or water
- 2 cups frozen or fresh berries
- 1/2 tspn vanilla
- 1 tspn sugar of your choice (optional)
- Conventional method: Pop your frozen berries in a saucepan over a low to medium heat and let them start thawing. Meanwhile, 'bloom' your gelatin by putting the gelatin into the 1/2 cup of liquid and giving it a quick stir until it's no longer a powder.
- Now, pop the thawed berries into a blender with the vanilla and sugar if you're using it. It's done when it resembles a 'smoothie' like consistency with no bumps.
- Now pop the berry mixture back in the saucepan, add in the gelatin. I often use my hands and crumble it up, so you don't have a huge big ball of mess. Lightly stir it until it's all melted.
- Now pour the gummies mixture into the moulds and pop it in the fridge to set for 1 to 3-hours. Depending on how intricate your moulds are, you may find you need to grease them with a touch of coconut oil, so they don't stick.
- Store them in the fridge for up to a week.
- Heat the frozen berries for 4 minutes, 90, speed 2. Meanwhile, bloom your gelatin in the liquid of your choice. Blitz the berry mixture once it's thawed for 10 seconds on speed 8. Scrape down the side of the bowl and add in the vanilla and sugar if you're using it. Then, crumble in the bloomed gelatin and let it cook for 4 minutes, 37 degrees, speed 1. Once it's melted, pour the mixture into your moulds and let set for 1 to 3 hours in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 60
- Serving Size: 30
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0