Baked Raspberry and Macadamia Oatmeal
- Total Time: 40 minutes
This is my favourite recipe from the lovely Georgia at Well Nourished. I've made in many-many times. It's REALLY delicious. It is so quick to prepare. Eat it hot from the oven or allow it to cool and cut it into portions and freeze for an instant, ready-to-go breakfast.
- 180g (2 cups) rolled oats
- 500ml (2 cups) of milk or your choice
- 2 free range or organic eggs
- 85 grams (¼ cup) sweetener (rice malt syrup, maple syrup or honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 40 grams (3 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1 cup of raspberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup (approx.) of macadamia nuts
- Add sliced banana
- Add other berries
- Add more nuts or different nuts
- Cacao nibs mixed through are also delicious
- Add a teaspoon each of ground cinnamon and ginger and top with lengths of rhubarb.
- Preheat your oven to 180 ℃/ 350℉
- Place the oats in a greased or lined tray or small casserole dish. In a blender, food processor or large jug mix the milk, eggs, sweetener, vanilla powder and melted butter well. Pour over the oats and top with the raspberries and macadamia nuts.
- Place in the oven for around 30 minutes or until it is set (firm in the middle). Eat immediately or cool and slice into portions. I love this served with full fat natural or Greek yogurt.
- You can prepare this the night before, cover and refrigerate overnight. Then just throw it in the oven to bake the next morning. By soaking the oats, you make them more digestible and nourishing too.
- The oats are a very nourishing, mineral-rich start to the day. I love oats as they are easy to digest and very restorative for the nervous system. The milk, eggs and nuts boost the protein content making this a more sustaining start than just regular oatmeal or porridge. Plus it tastes SO much better than plain old porridge. Click here to buy the bundle now, it's only available until the 16th.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0