If you're a fan of Anzac Cookies, you're going to love my easy & healthy take on A Healthy Chocolate Anzac Slice.
I was gifted an Anzac Cookie pre-mix from The Source Bulkfoods in Balmain. It had all the dry ingredients in there PLUS $2 from each jar goes to Legacy charity.
Chia seeds are your secret weapon to getting the Anzac slice to stick together, without the needs for an egg. When I can, I buy the white seeds, that way you don't see them as much in your cooking.
Pop the jar of Anzac bits in and stir.
Then, using wet hands, press the slice out into your tray before baking.
When it's done, give it a few minutes to cool and then drizzle the chocolate all over. SO YUMMY!
Healthy Chocolate Anzac Slice
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 20 slices
- 1 x The Source Bulkfoods Anzac cookie jar
- 125 g of unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp of maple, rice malt or golden syrup
- 1/2 tspn of bi-carb soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. of boiling water
- 2 x tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a brownie tin size container with parchment paper.
- Now get going on making the slice. Melt the butter and then stir in baking soda, water & chia seeds.
- When that is combined stir in the jar of the cookie mix.
- Press out the slice with wet hands and then bake for 30-mins at 180. You may need a touch longer, you're after it being nice and brown.
- Finish it off with a good drizzle of chocolate over the top before slicing and storing on the bench, fridge or even in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
Keywords: Anzac Biscuit Slice